OC is an expanding organisation and welcomes opportunities for collaboration. If you think you have an added value, do feel free to send a speculative proposal on how you think we might collaborate around disaster management.
We are looking for a senior consultant. You would contribute to the growth of the business by developing new business, delivering assignments and assisting in team development and related activities. Assignments will be delivered either as part of a team or individually.
- be accountable for significant and complex humanitarian activities or projects.
- be involved in setting budgets and in negotiating agreements with clients and suppliers in order to achieve humanitarian and financial targets. This forms part of an overall responsibility to satisfactorily meet client requirements without losing sight of the humanitarian principles.
- represent OC at internal and external meetings globally.
- need to take a longer term strategic view of the business in order to contribute to the development plan of OC.
- be responsible for the performance and development of some others, requiring to provide guidance, training, motivation and direction to junior team members.
Good written and verbal communication skills
Confidence in dealing with senior people in organisations
Evidence of good client liaison skills
A proactive approach to project delivery and business development
Team player and ability to work across multi-disciplinary team
Relevant academic and vocational qualifications
- Arabic and English speaker
Significant experience in the humanitarian sector, preferably in complex settings
Experience in generating and winning business
Experience of connecting humanitarian, commercial and organisational capabilities to meet clients needs in a consulting environment
Experience in leading change projects, preferably in the humanitarian sector
Experience of working with clients at all levels of the organisation
Strategic and technical review of complex humanitarian projects
If you think you have what it takes to be part of the OC team, send us your proposal with what you think OC needs and what you have to offer (bearing in mind our focus on the four service areas: humanitarian operational management; humanitarian research; humanitarian training and capacity building; humanitarian procurement). Do feel free to get in touch for an informal conversation with Moustafa Osman. Our email is email@example.com. Looking forward to hear from you.
Based in Solihull to ensure a smooth running of the office, and support smooth running of the organisation; start: ASAP. Click HERE for details
If you think you have what it takes to help OC grow, do consider sending a speculative proposal of what you could contribute and how we would implement your idea to help us further our vision:
Filling the gaps between the disaster affected, NGOs and commercial partners
Note: due to limited resources, we may not be able to reply to all proposals. If you have not received any reply within four weeks, please assume your proposal has been unsuccessful.
Osman Consulting Ltd is keen to offer suitable candidates the opportunity to experience something of what it means to be an aid worker, for students to supplement their theory with some practical experience. OC offers internships generally starting in January, April, June and October each year in our Solihull office.
What’s the internship about?
Some typical duties and responsibilities would revolve around:
- Assist in background research needed for proposals and programme activities
- Provide administrative and logistical support for day-to-day functioning of OC programmes
- Assist with database maintenance
- Attend related events and other external meetings as necessary and provide summaries to OC team members
- Assist with other related projects as needed
Internships are unpaid (expenses covered) with the expectation to contribute at least 1 day per week for a period of 3 months (negotiable). This is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to play a key role within the growth of an exciting new facet of a rapidly expanding organisation. There is a real opportunity to capitalise on successful execution of the role: whilst the initial internship would be for a minimum of three months, for the right, target-driven individual able to demonstrate their ability to assist in significantly up-scaling the programme, there would be the chance to explore a paid position and eventual employment. We are also open to consider projects/ intern work which would support your thesis (our recent interns benefitted from access to contacts and experience for their MSc: displacement in Myanmar and education in emergencies in Vietnam).
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate would possess the following:
- Experience of working effectively towards set goals within a specified timeframe;
- Ability to demonstrate a target-driven approach to their work;
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently;
- A proactive and professional approach;
- Strong academic credentials;
- A keen interest in humanitarian disasters and resilience.
How do I apply?
Send your CV and a motivation letter (what would you offer, what are you hoping to get out of it?) with your availability and the contact details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org.