Osman Consulting offer several internship opportunities each year in roles across the organisation. We are always looking for committed, enthusiastic and talented people who would like to gain experience in the humanitarian sector to come and work as part of our team, usually for a period of three months. Please see below for descriptions of the roles that we offer. If you would be interested in being considered for the next round of intakes, please send your CV to
The roles are unpaid, however hours are flexible and can be made to fit your schedule, and travel expenses are covered. Candidates should have the right to live and work in the UK to be eligible for these positions.
If you have a positive attitude, the right skills, would enjoy being a vital part of a small team, and have an interest in gaining experience in an organisation working in the humanitarian sector, we look forward to hearing from you!
1. We offer a monitoring and evaluation (M&E) internship suited to those with strong writing and analytical skills. This internship opportunity offers the chance to support the M&E department with project work, report writing and analysis.
2. Our research internship is suited to candidates with strong research, analysis and writing skills, and will involve supporting and contributing to the production of reports, proposals and other content.
3. There is a business development internship available for those who would like to take on a role involving identifying new opportunities, expanding our network and supporting development and growth.
4. Osman Consulting’s clerical and administrative internship
involves supporting the running of the organisation and taking on a number of office tasks, and is well suited to an organised, independent and motivated candidate.
For more details or to register your interest, get in touch!
We are currently looking to take on a Programmes Management intern to support the department in facilitating our research, operations and monitoring & evaluation. This will be a three month internship, with a commitment of between three to five days a week, but hours are flexible and can be made to fit your schedule. The internship is unpaid.
· Conducting research to support proposal writing, implementation and reports;
· Being on hand to provide help in finding, analysing and communicating relevant information;
· Ensuring all outputs are of high quality, well researched and supported with evidence;
· Attending meetings and taking minutes where necessary;
· Communicating with partners and local staff to support project implementation;
· Writing, editing and proofreading reports, concept notes and other documentation;
· Contributing to designing our monitoring and evaluation of humanitarian responses worldwide, with a specific focus on North Africa and the Middle East;
· Supporting with data collection and analysis;
· Supporting on any other tasks as required.
· Relevant Undergraduate or Master’s degree;
· Excellent English comprehension, written and spoken communication;
· Proficient with Microsoft programmes and other key computer skills.
· Arabic language and/or any other language would be an advantage;
· Experience in or understanding of the MENA region would be a plus.
· Good attitude;
· Efficient and adaptable;
· Works well with others;
· Good research, communication and analytical skills;
· Eager for learning and development opportunities, particularly in the humanitarian field.
All interested candidates please submit a CV and cover letter by 08/02/2021 to: